Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Leg Pulling

I am having daily physio, starting at 8 in the morning. This is consisting of excercise, massage and what appears to be leg pulling. The excercise is fine, the massage isn't quite the relaxing peaceful massage that I would hope for, and indeed yesterday when looking for the muscles in the back of my leg it was a tad painful. The leg pulling is because my right leg appears to have shrunk slightly, and there is quite a lot of emphasis in straightening the foot out as it curls slightly over to the right. None of this is anything to worry about, but allows for plenty of literal leg pulling.

I have crumbled and have bought a gas fire for my workshop. I was hoping to wait until the new year, however as I am not particulary mobile I do feel the cold at the moment. Although it is warm outside during the day, my workshop is distinctly chilly and I have been huddled under a blanket which hampers my work slightly. During the summer we welcomed the small windows as it kept things cool - however now we are thinking again about large picture windows which would allow the sun to take the chill off the rooms. Of course had we done this last year then we would have turned the house into an oven, well actually more like a kiln. The key would be to have large windows which can be narrowed using blinds or something during the summer.

I washed one of my last fleeces and needless to say this was the signal for the weather to turn - not cold but overcast. However not the hot and windy weather that had it dry in no time. So wet-sheepy smell again in the workshop.

No comments: